US Navy nuclear trained technicians are highly desired
Position Description: This is an excellent opportunity where you will work for a large multi-national corporation in a power plant/engineering environment. This position will incorporate the same things that you were challenged with in the US Navy nuclear field; plant maintenance and repair work, as well as complex power plant operations. As you gain experience with the company, you will be responsible for learning more parts of the plant and taking on more aspects of the maintenance program. This is a huge company with excellent professional development and growth potential in the fields of plant leadership and engineering.
Other aspects of the job include:
-Perform hands on maintenance and troubleshooting.
-Properly documenting repairs, equipment malfunctions and corrective actions
-24/7 shift operation, 12 hour rotating shifts
Requirements: Qualified candidates must have completed their initial six-year tour in the US Navy nuclear program. Must have an excellent theoretical background in plant engineering and operations with the ability to learn a complex conventional power plant system. A team-driven driven character and personality who has the ability to resolve short-fused problems. A strong background in powerplant systems maintenance, repair and installation, as well as strong organizational skills are essential.
Other requirements include:
- Excellent writing skills, to include: detailed operating procedures and testing/quality assurance documentation.
- Managing planned maintenance systems to include scheduling, supporting new systems and feedback reports.
- Ability to read schematics, technical drawings and manuals to isolate faults and repair equipment.
- Strong technical experience/skills in power plant operations to include; steam system, power generation, pumps, valves, electric motors, process instrumentation, controls and monitoring systems.
- The ability to learn new systems and equipment procedures.
- The ability to work in a 12hr shift rotation.
- Computer literate, able to use Microsoft Windows and Office
- Must be able to pass a Background Check & be Drug Free.
- Must have a valid driver's license and the ability to get to work.
- The ability to climb ladders, utilize safety equipment and work on platforms at high levels in the plant.
- Ability to work well with teams where long hours are required and adherence to guidelines and SOPs are strictly enforced.
This is can be a physically demanding position in that many of the systems you will be responsible for are in remote access locations in the powerplant complex (under equipment, up/down ladders, etc.) and you must have the ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Candidates must be available to work emergency service and shift work as required. Candidates must be capable of carrying light hand tools.
Compensation & Benefits: This is a "full-time" hourly position, and there are step increases as you gain more experience, as well as compensated overtime when required. The average entry range is very competitive for the greater Chicago area. The company provides an excellent benefits package for employees that start immediately. There is no relocation assistance for this opportunity.
If you are interested, please send your resume Michael Erikson at: merikson(at)magellan-ps.com