Prior military Mechanical Technicians are highly desired
This is a challenging position with an exciting company that employs cutting-edge technology in their processes. The hiring managers are specifically looking for prior-military Technicians who possess strong mechanical equipment skills to include experience with HVAC systems, and the ability to learn new technologies. The systems supported include industrial chillers, ventilation systems, processing equipment, electro-mechanical machinery, diesel generators, and other plant systems. While experience with HVAC equipment is the priority, you must be able to learn how to perform maintenance and repairs on electrical and control systems.
Technicians will be involved with scheduling facility/equipment inspections, creating documentation and procedures. Other aspects of the job include:
-Perform "hands-on" maintenance, troubleshooting, repair projects and equipment installations.
-Properly document all service reports as required.
-The facility runs 24/7, must be willing to work nights on 12-hour shifts
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the military field of mechanical system maintenance and repair. Civilian industrial system maintenance and repair experience can be counted as well.
- Strong background in equipment maintenance, repair and installation, and working with maintenance planning systems.
- Experience maintaining and repairing industrial air conditioning equipment, chillers, chilled water transfer systems, ventilation systems, etc. Residential HVAC systems are not applicable.
- EPA Universal certification is highly desired
Other requirements include:
- Excellent technical writing skills, such as operating procedures, test reports, and installation project documentation.
- Utilizing planned maintenance systems to include scheduling, supporting new systems and feedback reports.
- Ability to read schematics, technical drawings, and manuals to isolate faults and repair equipment.
- The ability to learn new systems and equipment procedures.
- The ability to work in 12hr shifts.
- Computer literate, able to use Microsoft Windows and Office
- Must be able to pass a Background Check & Drug screening.
- Must have a valid driver's license and the ability to drive to work.
- Ability to work well with teams where long hours are required and adherence to guidelines and SOPs are strictly enforced.
This is can be a physically demanding position in that many of the systems you will be responsible for are in remote access locations in the facility (under raised flooring, up/down ladders, etc.) and you must have the ability to regularly lift and/or move objects up to 50 lbs. Candidates must be available to work emergency service and shift work as required. Candidates must be capable of carrying and using light hand tools.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a "full-time" hourly position and there is compensated overtime. The average entry range is very competitive for the Grand Rapids area, but the entire compensation/benefits package combined with your professional development and future growth potential in such a dynamic company are the best aspects of this opportunity. As you gain experience and qualifications, your pay will increase. The hiring team trains all new technicians in their internal journeyman program that prepares you to qualify on all of the plant systems. The company provides a competitive benefits package for employees.