Position Overview: As a member of the company’s Facilities team, the Lead Technician will be responsible for leading all facilities engineering activities and personnel in the data center on the assigned shift. Lead Technicians will provide field level technical expertise and program management for the maintenance and operation of the site infrastructure and base building support systems. You will provide oversight to contracted maintenance and support personnel as well as assist shift personnel with routine analysis and equipment changes to ensure optimal performance. This individual will also perform some procedural writing when needed.
- Advise the Facility Manager in the development and supervision of the facility maintenance program and equipment/system operation.
- Work with customers to resolve technical problems and facilities related issues.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and experience in mechanical and electrical support systems to include power distribution systems, emergency power, HVAC, heat rejection systems, and fire alarm and suppression systems.
- Technical point of contact for all aspects concerning the maintenance, troubleshooting, and operation of infrastructure systems.
- Participate in the overall facility design and construction from an operating and maintainability point of view.
- With the approval of the Facility Manager, develop and implement new maintenance standards, as well as work to improve existing standards to support site operations.
- Supervise and critique work performance by subcontractors to ensure adherence to standards, schedules and specifications. This includes any third-party contract hires to support data center and base building infrastructure.
- Maintain a record of maintenance discrepancies and work with Operations management to resolve site issues based on agreed upon priorities.
- Provide backup to Operations staff for remote hands, trouble tickets and other Operations related duties.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Seeking experienced professionals in the data center field with a high level of technical expertise with the ability to train new technicians. Prior Navy Nuclear service members are highly desired
- Incumbent must be able to demonstrate in-depth technical knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical support systems.
- More than three years of relevant critical facilities experience in the operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of mechanical and/or electrical support systems, combined with six years of experience in the field of industrial electrical or mechanical maintenance and engineering.
- At least two years of experience leading teams of technicians in an engineering environment.
- Customer service experience and resolving technical problems with customers is highly desired.
- Ability to use test equipment such as power quality meters, thermal imaging cameras, multi-meters, and other test equipment to evaluate and troubleshoot equipment operation.
- Ability to work either the Graveyard shift at eight hour increments. Must be able to work long hours when required as well as occasional weekends.
BENEFITS: Company has an excellent corporate benefits package that will commence on your first day of employment. If you decline to engage in the benefits program when you start work, you will have to wait until the next annual cycle to sign up for the corporate benefits. The benefits package includes:
- Full coverage Medical and Dental
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Bonuses based on performance
Compensation: This is an hourly position, starting at $43-44/hr (depending on experience, training and education) plus compensated overtime, and a targeted 5% annual bonus.
The offer will be contingent on passing a drug screen and a comprehensive background check. The company has an web-based on-boarding platform where you will be required to sign/initiate your background check application. A drug screen will be set up through the HR department with a local medical testing facility.
There is no relocation assistance with this opportunity.