We are looking for Prior-Military Electrical or Electronics Technicians - This is a senior level field service opportunity where you will work with a dynamic and fast-growing company as an installation and repair specialist. The hiring team has had great success integrating prior-military technicians into the field service team. They are looking for experienced technicians with excellent EM/ET related skills who can troubleshoot and repair electric motors, AC/DC controls, instrumentation and electronic systems from the military, and the ability to learn their cutting edge electro-mechanical systems and control equipment. The facility is on the northern edge of the Minneapolis area, and customer sites are located throughout the US and some global locations.
Customer Service and good communication skills are essential for the role. The hiring team will place a very strong emphasis on these areas during the interview process. While there is a formalized training program, you will eventually be required to travel independently to customer sites and work with the staff operating the equipment to troubleshoot and repair equipment malfunctions. Some of this travel is short notice and at times will occur over weekends. You will deploy with a team to install equipment systems at customer sites. The overall travel will be at the 70% level - at a minimum.
This position is a demanding "hands on" technical opportunity with extensive customer service responsibilities. You will be the company’s primary interface with customers by keeping in touch with the engineers and technicians who operate and maintain the systems. You will work with customers to ensure system reliability and schedule repairs or equipment enhancements and modifications.
- Deploy with small teams to customer sites to install new equipment and systems.
- Deploy independently to troubleshoot, repair and test installed systems at customer sites.
- Troubleshoot systems with customers over the phone and provide technical support.
- Train customers on equipment operations and maintenance procedures.
- Execute tests for a wide variety of electrical and mechanical systems to ensure testing is performed in conformance with specifications, standards and procedures.
- Assist in training of plant operations and maintenance personnel.
- Minimum of six years of military service in the electrical or electronic maintenance fields with a strong level of experience in system installation and testing. Post military experience in a technical field is highly desired.
- Experience in diagnosing and solving equipment and system problems, utilizing test equipment, specifications, diagrams and equipment manuals.
- Self-starter with the ability to rapidly learn complex controls, PLCs, electro-mechanical equipment, software systems and other applications.
- Experience working with small teams in remote areas is a big plus, but must be able to work effectively at customer sites with some technical support from the home office.
- Must have the ability to travel to customer sites, rent vehicles and mange a travel budget/schedule independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with and train others
- This is a physically demanding experience that requires lifting heavy objects, climbing ladders and working from high platforms.
- Good credit with the ability to successfully complete a background check and drug screen
The compensation is at an hourly rate, with compensated overtime and travel premiums. In your initial year you will easily earn over $75k (with 20% overtime), not including the per diem. The company benefits are excellent, including medical/dental/vision, matching 401k, tuition assistance, and the benefits are effective on the first day of hire.
Magellan Professional Solutions, Inc. is a recruiting firm specializing in assisting prior-military engineers, technicians, and leaders in finding employment in the energy and manufacturing industries. Our services are at no cost to candidates and we only recruit for full-time opportunities. If you are interested, please send your resume Michael Erikson at: merikson(at)magellan-ps.com