Prior Military Technicians are highly desired
The Facility Technician works in the critical facility environment supporting the maintenance and repair for all installed facilities engineering systems and equipment. While Electrical experience will be the priority, you must be able to learn how to perform routine and emergency service on state of the art critical systems (e.g., switchgear, emergency diesel generators, fire alarm/suppression systems, PDUs, UPS, and HVAC systems). The Technician will also help ensure strict adherence to MOPs and company policy and procedure and assist in scheduling and managing vendors and subcontractors.
Other responsibilities include scheduled site inspections and documentation on equipment checklists. Other aspects of the job include:
-Perform hands-on maintenance and troubleshooting.
-Properly document all service reports as required.
-This is a day shift position, but must be open to being on-call
Qualified candidates must have 6 years of experience with industrial or commercial electrical distribution equipment as well as HVAC system maintenance and repair (residential HVAC experience does not apply). The ideal candidate will have a combined background with 10 years of total industrial/military experience in a related technical field. A customer service driven character and personality who has the ability to resolve short-fused problems. A strong background in facilities engineering systems maintenance, repair, and installation, as well as strong organizational skills are essential.
Other requirements include:
- Excellent writing skills, to include detailed operating procedures and testing/quality assurance documentation.
- Managing planned maintenance systems to include scheduling, supporting new systems and feedback reports.
- Ability to read schematics, technical drawings, and manuals to isolate faults and repair equipment.
- Strong technical experience/skills in the following Mechanical systems: industrial chillers, HVAC systems, CRACs, cooling towers, and diesel generators
- Strong technical experience/skills in the following Electrical systems: electrical distribution systems (breakers, ATS, transformers, etc.), UPS systems, power and building monitoring systems.
- The ability to learn new systems and equipment procedures.
- The ability to work on call over weekends.
- Computer literate, able to use Microsoft Windows and Office
- Must be able to pass a Background Check & be Drug screen
- Must have a valid driver's license and effective transportation into work
- Ability to work well with teams where long hours are required and adherence to guidelines and SOPs are strictly enforced.
This is can be a physically demanding position in that many of the systems you will be responsible for are in remote access locations in a large data center (under raised flooring, up/down ladders, etc.) and you must have the ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. Candidates must be available to work emergency service and shift work as required. Candidates must be capable of carrying light hand tools.
Compensation & Benefits: This is a "full-time" hourly position with compensated overtime with an expected total compensation in the $80-90k range for the first year. The company provides an excellent benefits plan for employees as well as outstanding future growth potential. There is no relocation assistance for this opportunity.
If you are interested, please send your resume Michael Erikson at: merikson(at)magellan-ps.com