Prior military Electrical Technicians are highly desired
This is a challenging position with an excellent company that relies on employees to work as a team to keep the facility running in an efficient and reliable manner. The hiring managers are specifically looking for prior-military Technicians who possess strong electrical skills and the ability to learn new technologies. The systems supported include electrical distribution equipment, battery systems, generators, building controls, processing equipment, electro-mechanical machinery, PLCs and other control systems. While experience with Electrical systems will be the priority, you must be able to learn how to perform maintenance and repairs on mechanical systems and controls. The facility is located in the North Atlanta area close to Marietta.
Technicians will be involved with scheduling facility/equipment inspections, creating documentation and procedures. Other aspects of the job include:
-Perform "hands-on" maintenance, troubleshooting, repair projects and equipment installations.
-Properly document all service reports as required.
-The facility runs 24/7, must be willing to work nights on 12-hour shifts
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the military field of electrical system maintenance and repair. Civilian industrial system maintenance and repair experience can be counted as well. A strong background in systems maintenance, repair, and installation, as well as experience working with maintenance planning systems.
Other requirements include:
- Excellent technical writing skills, such as: operating procedures, test reports and installation project documentation.
- Utilizing planned maintenance systems to include scheduling, supporting new systems and feedback reports.
- Ability to read schematics, technical drawings, and manuals to isolate faults and repair equipment.
- The ability to learn new systems and equipment procedures.
- The ability to work on 12hr shift schedule.
- Computer literate, able to use Microsoft Windows and Office
- Must be able to pass a Background Check & Drug screening.
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation to drive to work.
- Ability to work well with teams where long hours are required and adherence to guidelines and SOPs are strictly enforced.
This is can be a physically demanding position in that many of the systems you will be responsible for are in remote access locations in the facility (under raised flooring, up/down ladders, etc.) and you must have the ability to regularly lift and/or move objects up to 50 lbs. You will walk around the facility to take rounds, monitor equipment, and carry/utilize light hand tools. Candidates must be available to work emergency service and shift work as required.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a "full-time" hourly position and there is compensated overtime. The average entry range is very competitive for the Atlanta, GA area, but the entire compensation/benefits package combined with your professional development and future growth potential in such a dynamic industry are the best aspects of this opportunity. As you gain experience and qualifications, your pay will increase. The company provides a competitive benefits package for employees.
Magellan Professional Solutions, Inc. is a recruiting firm specializing in assisting prior-military engineers, technicians, and leaders in finding employment in the energy and manufacturing industries. Our services are at no cost to candidates and we only recruit for full-time opportunities. If you are interested, please send your resume Michael Erikson at: merikson(at)magellan-ps.com