We are looking for a hands-on individual who can function as the NETA Services Manager for our testing teams, Project/Team Manager, and lead technician for electrical testing projects. The NETA Services Manager should have an extensive electrical theory and testing background and the ability to become a Subject Matter Expert on low to medium voltage electrical systems and components, including switchgear, distribution panels, circuit breakers, transformers, and cables.
The individual will manage 2-3 field projects and have oversight of team members in all three of our main locations. The NETA Services Manager will be required to meet deadlines, track project deliverables, provide information to superiors and work to complete projects on time and within the allotted budget. This position will require a minimum of 50% travel out of state/country.
The position requires an in-depth knowledge of AC/DC power and control systems. The candidate should be technically competent on testing equipment such as: AC/DC amp probe, digital voltmeter, phase rotation meters, battery conductance tester, battery load tester, micro-ohm meter insulation resistance testing (megger), hi-potential testing (hipot), and power factor (Doble). The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of NETA tests and requirements.
The testing teams will also be required to assist Commissioning Agents in the commissioning of mission critical systems. Therefore, candidates must have a strong working knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical systems with the ability to learn state of the art critical facility infrastructure equipment such as power generation and distribution systems, UPS, static transfer switches, PDU's, BAS & BMS systems and HVAC equipment.
The Operations Manager will:
- Perform design reviews of systems and validate construction-to-commissioning turnover acceptance.
- Develop, oversee, and write installation, startup and commissioning policies and procedures.
- Perform construction observations and develop functional test plans.
- Execute tests for a wide variety of electrical and mechanical systems to ensure testing is performed in conformance with specifications, standards and procedures.
- Assist in training of plant operations and maintenance personnel.
- Act as liaison with vendors and subcontractors regarding problem resolution and perform testing as required.
- Review and analyze data and prepare technical reports.
- Maintain effective communication with clients, contractors and other project team members.
- Develop and validate project schedules.
- Work with others to manage small to mid-size projects that meet client expectations for technical excellence, budget, and schedule.
- Participate in the pricing of customer solutions/services.
- Work with internal technical staff, internal colleagues, and company executives to meet customer needs.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of six years of industry experience in either electrical power distribution, electrical testing agency, or navy nuclear power program experience in maintenance and repair of electrical components.
- Strong knowledge of electrical components to include detailed maintenance, operations, theory, and basic testing. Be familiar with the following electrical testing terms:
- Turns ratio testing on transformers
- Primary and secondary injection testing
- NETA Level III testing
- NETA or NICET experience is a plus.
- Experience in diagnosing and solving installation and operational problems.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with MS word and excel is a must.
- Experience with MS Project is desired.
- Must be able to work in a high stress environment.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with and guide others.
- Knowledge of building codes and construction industry standards.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD is considered a plus.
- Must have or be able to obtain a passport.
- Full coverage Medical and Dental.
- 401(k) with Company Match.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off Bank
- Educational Assistance (Job & Non-Job)
- Bonuses based on performance
- Referral Bonuses
- Company provided vehicle and testing equipment