Immediate need for a go-getter Lead Electro-Mechanical Technician within a manufacturing facility. Someone who has experience in mechanical maintenance (Hydraulics/Pneumatics) systems coupled with electrical troubleshooting of motors, controllers and electrical panels. This is a position that requires hands-on repair and maintenance experience and ability to mentor and teach less qualified. Basic welding skills needed.
The Manufacturing Maintenance Technician/Mechanic position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production scheduled hours and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine downtime.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Maintain and repair all machinery and power units on site,
- Maintain and repair electrical panels,
- Maintain and repair fixtures
- Maintain and repair pneumatic and hydraulic components of machines,
- Maintain and repair forklifts
- Upkeep of building inside and outside including but not limited to plumbing, carpentry, painting and light (limited) snow removal
- Welding and the use of cutting torches
- Keep accurate log record and order parts as necessary
- Support and communicate company core values
- Knowledge of PLC- (Programmable Logic Controls)
- High Voltage 480vac
- Motor Controls
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven
Company runs three different shifts, overtime maybe required without advance notice, and on-call schedule maybe require during various shift.
Three (3) years of experience in Electrical and Mechanical work.
Three (3) years of experience in working with Forklifts and hydraulics.
Three (3) years of general maintenance experience.
Three (3) years of PLC- Programmable Logic Controls- Programming not required