Prior military HVAC Technicians are highly desired
The HVAC Technician works with a shift team in a critical facility environment supporting the maintenance and repair of installed facilities engineering systems and equipment. While HVAC will be the priority, you must be able to learn how to perform routine and emergency service on state of the art critical systems (e.g., switchgear, emergency diesel generators, fire alarm/suppression systems, PDUs, UPS, and HVAC systems). The Technician will also help ensure strict adherence to MOPs and company policy and procedure and aide in scheduling and managing vendors and subcontractors.
Other responsibilities include scheduled site inspections and documentation on equipment checklists. Other aspects of the job include:
-Perform hands on maintenance and troubleshooting.
-Properly document all service reports as required.
-24/7 shift operation, 12 hour rotating shifts
Qualified candidates must have 5 years of experience with HVAC system maintenance and repair. Must have a combined with at least 10 years of total industrial/military experience in a related technical field. A customer service driven character and personality who has the ability to resolve short-fused problems. A strong background in mechanical systems maintenance, repair and installation, as well as strong organizational skills are essential.
Other requirements include:
- Excellent writing skills, to include: detailed operating procedures and testing/quality assurance documentation.
- Managing planned maintenance systems to include scheduling, supporting new systems and feedback reports.
- Ability to read schematics, technical drawings and manuals to isolate faults and repair equipment.
- Strong technical experience/skills in the following Mechanical Systems: industrial chillers, HVAC systems, CRACs, cooling towers, and diesel generators
- The ability to learn new systems and equipment procedures.
- The ability to work in a 12hr shift rotation.
- Computer literate, able to use Microsoft Windows and Office
- Must be able to pass a Background Check & be Drug Free.
- Must have a valid driver's license with no major traffic violations.
- Ability to work well with teams where long hours are required and adherence to guidelines and SOPs are strictly enforced.
This is can be a physically demanding position in that many of the systems you will be responsible for are in remote access locations in a large data center (under raised flooring, up/down ladders, etc.) and you must have the ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. Candidates must be available to work emergency service and shift work as required. Candidates must be capable of carrying light hand tools.
Compensation & Benefits: This is a "full-time" hourly position, and there are step increases during your first year, bonus potential, as well as compensated overtime when required. The average entry range is very competitive for the Orlando, FL area, and there are step increases during your first year as well as compensated overtime when required. The company provides a competitive benefits package for employees. There is no relocation assistance for this opportunity.
If you are interested, please send your resume Michael Erikson at: merikson(at)magellan-ps.com