Electrical testing and maintenance company with a focus on the datacenter industry. Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) that employs a large number of US Military veterans. Company provides acceptance and maintenance testing, Infrared scanning, load bank rentals and service as well as engineering studies and service. Company established by a former Navy Nuclear Power Electrician E-6,
Position Overview: We are looking for an individual who can function as a Project/Team manager and perform hands-on testing as a lead technician for projects requiring 2-20 technicians. The service manager should have a background and ability to become a Subject Matter Expert on low to medium voltage electrical systems including circuit breakers, transformers and cables. The individual will manage 2-3 field projects and have oversight of team members in all three locations. The service manager will be required to meet deadlines, track project deliverables, provide information to superiors and work to complete projects on time and within the allotted budget.
The candidate should have experience associated with commercial back-up Generators, Uninterruptable Power Supplies and Power Conditioning equipment is a benefit. The positions requires a knowledge of AC/DC power and control systems. The candidate should be technically competent on test equipment such as: AC/DC amp probe, digital voltmeter, phase rotation meters, battery conductance tester, battery load tester, micro-ohm meter insulation resistance testing (megger), hi-potential testing (hipot), power factor (Doble) and have a good understanding of NETA tests and requirements. This position will require a minimum of 50% travel out of state/country, as well as traveling locally to service customers throughout the greater Haverhill, MA area.
Testing teams will also be required to assist Commissioning Agents in the commissioning of mission critical systems and equipment such as power generation and distribution systems, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), static transfer switches, PDU's, BAS & BMS systems and HVAC equipment, coming in on the tail end of a project prior to turning equipment over to client. Testing is also accomplished in the preliminary stage on equipment being prepared for shipment prior to installation. Candidates must have a strong working knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical systems with the ability to learn state of the art critical facility infrastructure.
- Perform design reviews of systems and validate construction-to-commissioning turnover acceptance.
- Develop, oversee and write installation, startup and commissioning policies and procedures.
- Perform construction observations and develop functional test plans.
- Execute tests for a wide variety of electrical and mechanical systems to ensure testing is performed in conformance with specifications, standards and procedures.
- Assist in training of plant operations and maintenance personnel.
- Act as liaison with vendors and subcontractors regarding problem resolution and perform testing as required.
- Review and analyze data and prepare technical reports.
- Maintain effective communication with clients, contractors and other project team members.
- Develop project schedules
- Work with others to manage small to mid-size projects to meet client expectations for technical excellence, budget and schedule.
- Minimum of six years of industry experience in either electrical power distribution or mechanical systems or both. AA degree, military training or equivalent work experience.
- Prior navy nuclear power program experience is highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of Circuit Breakers and Transformers, to include detailed maintenance the operation, theory as well as basic testing. Be familiar with the following electrical testing terms:
- Turns ratio testing on transformers
- Primary and secondary injection testing
- NETA Level III testing
- Experience in diagnosing and solving installation and operational problems.
- Be organized; possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with MS word and excel is a must.
- Experience with MS Project is desired.
- Must have the ability to work in a high stress environment, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with and guide others
- Knowledge of building codes and construction industry standards.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD is considered a plus.
- Must have or be able to obtain a passport
BENEFITS: Benefits provided for both Service Manager and their "Family"
Full coverage Medical and Dental 401(k) with Company Match
Paid Holidays Paid Time Off Bank
Educational Assistance (Job & Non-Job) Bonuses based on performance
Compensation: $70,000 and up depending on level of experience + Bonus potential. Van and equipment will be provided for this opportunity.
Interview Process: Candidates will generally start their interview process first by a phone interview. Interviews will be centered around your technical troubleshooting capabilities and will initially be with one of the company executives and project leads. In addition to understanding your technical skills and capabilities, they are committed to only bringing on individuals who have a great personality, customer service skills and ability to work in an independent environment.
No relocation will be paid for this opportunity however, individuals seeking to relocate back to one of the open locations at their own expense will be considered.