Below are a few potential interview questions to help you prepare for the interview. Please review them now and prepare outlines for your answers.
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your strengths? “Understand what they are looking for in skills and make sure you mention it “
- What do you do now? (Keep it Technical, give an example of a tough day within your skill, …. do not talk about general cleaning responsibilities or collateral duties)
- What are your qualities that make you a good candidate for this position?
- Tell me about your skills.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What questions do you have for us?
You must have a few questions ready to ask them and remember to keep your questions geared toward the position, training, company focus, etc.. Do not ask questions about benefits, the pay and any questions that are centered on what they can do for you.
Once you are finished with asking your questions you will move into the closing portion of the interview. The close is the most important part of the interview. It must be in your own words with true feeling. To be effective in this interview you should give a three part close;
- Thank them for their time
- Tell them that you want the job, and why
- Ask them when you can start
Remember: Look sharp going into the interview, be positive and smile, good eye contact and make them comfortable that you are happy to be there. Let your personality come out but keep it professional.
Give brief examples to reinforce your answers. Let them know YOU ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO WORKING THERE.